Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 3 Reflection

I am super interested in all the technology -particularly Glogster, Storify and Tagxedo - I learned how to use today and to start thinking about how to integrate them into my classroom.  I want to do further exploration in how these tehcologies can help build a community of writers and help my students add "writer" to their identities.  Part of what I am rolling around in my mind is how I drew/draw inspiration and advice from models of experts in the field or genre in which I am writing.  These technologies can be either model genres of writing - while encouraging a conversation about what "counts" as writing since these genres don't fit the typical school defintion of writing - or help student think about and reflect on themselves as writer.  Below is an example of how I could use Tagxedo to explore my thoughts on a topic, in this case, changing language.  I could use this Tagxedo as a brainstorming device, slowly combining and expanding on the words I thought of when I thought of the phrase "Changing Language in the Classroom".

No comments:

Post a Comment