Friday, July 8, 2011

Let('s) Go

This is the poem-ish thing I wrote for Writing into the Day today.  When I write about different color zones I'm referring to a relaxation exercise in which a person chooses a color for stress and a color for relaxation.  The person then imagines an inhaled breath going to the stress zone and then breathes out the stress.  As the person relaxes, she imagines the zones changing from the stress color to the relaxation color.  For me, stress is red and relaxation is blue.  Enjoy.

Let('s) Go

Close my eyes
Breath in
Air fills the lungs
     oxygen rushes through my blood
Inhaling targets the red zones
I breath in
                 peace
                 excitement
                 learning
                 discovery
                 socializing
                 bravery

Breath out.
CO2 exits the lungs
      taking tension out through the nose
      now purple zones
I breath out
                    exhaustion
                    anxiety
                    fear
                    the bad word binary

Breath in.
Targeting stress zones again
Let's get ready for today.

Breath out.
Now blue zones.
Letting go.
Moving on.
Releasing whatever is in the way.

Breath in and out
            in and out
            in and out
In.
Out.
In.
Out.
In.
Out.

Open my eyes.
Let('s) go.

1 comment:

  1. I love the use/connection of colors throughout - I wanted more! I want orange.

    ReplyDelete