Friday, July 8, 2011

Parrotwriter

Here is my Scranimals poem and picture from Rebecca's demo.

 Parrot Writer


As a parrotwriter, I parrot write
Mimic others with great delight
These’s a Monster at the End of This Book
Oh, that’s one idea I took
Created a birthday card for Dad
With the construction paper and staples I had
I told the reader not to go on
And at the end of the card the money was all gone
Like the book, no danger was to be found
I used its structure as creative solid ground
Though grad school was a new experience indeed
The parrot writer still replicates whatever she may read
Professional writers in the field
Analyzing and understand their techniques will yield
Good grades and real life documents
Learning to be the writer who my writing represents
Eager to discover how to write in a new context
The parrotwriter keeps her eyes peeled for what she can imitate next




1 comment: